Friday, December 31, 2010

Year End Thoughts on Getting Fit, Healthy and Organized

Well, it's been a heck of a year, hasn't it? I don't tend to make New Year's resolutions because I don't want to set myself up for failure. When I started this blog, my goal was pretty simple: Get Fit, Get Organized and Get Healthy. I've had some successes, some failures...lots of failures. I've learned a lot about myself too.

Queen Anne's Lace

This year, I made the choice to live healthier by going vegan. It was a lot easier than I expected. I thought I would crave all the foods that I "can't" eat. It's been more of a choice. I choose not to eat food made from animal products. The only thing that has really tripped me up has been chocolate. I'm going to have to make it a point to find some vegan chocolate in the near future, even if I have to buy it online and get it shipped to me.

So, I finally feel like I'm on the road to better health. Three months vegan and feeling pretty good about my choice. It's helped me to lose a little weight and get a little more comfortable in my skin too--or at least my jeans. Though my jeans have been falling down a bit lately and that is a nice feeling. So going vegan has helped me to get a bit fitter too. I know I need to add exercise too to get fitter.

Now for getting organized? Well, I've made some progress, but not as much as I would like. I'm going to keep getting rid of the clutter. I need to shed some of the stuff that has collected up around us. We have more stuff than we know what to do with, and yet there are so many people in the world who don't have the basics. It blows my mind somedays. I'm looking forward to getting the clutter out and letting it bless someone else.

What can I say? I am definitely a work in progress, but the process has been fun. I am learning so much about so many different things. Thank you for following me and hanging around to read the crazy stuff I write. I wish you all a happy new year full of health, love and happiness.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment