Monday, January 23, 2012

I Either Have Too Much on My Plate or I've Bitten off More than I Can Chew

felt-biscuits-plate I had the absolute best of intentions, but I've taken on way more than I can deliver on this month.  I signed up for the Vegan Body Building Challenge on top of everything else I'm doing to get healthier.  It wasn't meant to be.  I started out getting some exercise in a few days on the first week and suddenly realized that it was too much.  Starting from nothing and working out 5 days a week was too much for me to do.  I'm not upset about the fact that I can't do it, but I'm a little frustrated that I didn't recognize beforehand that I can't do it all.

I'm still trying to get more exercise than I was before (considering that it was next to nothing, this hasn't been hard to do).  I'm drinking more water and I'm still researching about getting off of my medication.  It's a lot, and I've come to terms with the fact that I have to pace myself.  Making such a drastic change to my medication is going to take a lot of work and a lot of energy, but I really think it's going to have a huge positive impact on my health and my state of mind.  I need to give myself time to work through this change before taking on too many more changes.  If I try to do everything at once, I will fail, and I'll fail big time.

So, I'm going to work on small changes, a little at a time.  Slow and steady wins the race and all that.
Young woman riding on the back of a turtle at Mon Repos Beach

On a positive note, I put on my jeans this weekend and was able to do them up.  I wore them all day and they were not cutting off my circulation!  This is huge for me because the last time I tried to wear them, I couldn't get them done up!  Small changes are having a positive impact.



No comments:

Post a Comment