Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reduced Meds, Day 5


Maple Twins
Originally uploaded by jpctalbot



So, I've got 5 days under my belt at the lower dosage of my antidepressant and I don't feel much different--which is, I guess, a good thing. The important thing is I feel in control. I'm not having any wicked mood swings and I feel pretty good. Since this medication is time-released, I'm not sure how long it will take for my body to feel the difference. I do know that people who have tried to go off of this medication find it very difficult to do. I've read countless stories of people having withdrawls from a medication which advertises itself as not being habit forming. Not that it matters as I am not intending to go off my medication, merely to reduce it a bit. It's funny, because I'm on a fairly low dosage of the medication anyway, but it does make a huge difference. I know that without antidepressants, I was a miserable, mood-swinging, unhappy person. Now I'm fairly level-mooded and I'm generally happy. I'm not dancing around singing in the rain or anything like that, but life looks pretty darn good now, know what I mean? Sure, I have down days, but the lows that I experience now are no where near the lows I once had.

So, 5 days down. Wonder what the next week will bring....

No comments:

Post a Comment