Monday, June 6, 2011

Baby Steps to Organization

Life's More Fun When You're Organized

Busy few weeks here. We spent time getting the front garden looking nice. Hopefully it stays that way! The back garden is next on the list because I'd like to grow some veggies this summer.

In the meantime, I've been decluttering in the house. I can't believe how much paper clutter that is around here. I thought I had a handle on it, but it seems that it multiplies when I'm not looking. Generally, I recycle any flyers or advertisements as soon as they enter the house. The kids bring a lot of paper home, so I try to intercept it and copy everything important down on our calendar and recycle it as well. Bills get taken out of their envelopes and sorted for payments. This is what happens ideally, when I get the mail. If hubby gets the mail, it's a different story.

We've also been going through the girls' clothes, trying to weed out anything that doesn't fit them and donate them. Angel loves wearing Big Kid's hand-me-downs, so that's a good thing!

It's a sense of accomplishment to be able to take a bag or box of clothing or other items out of the house to donate. It also feels great to take bags of recycling out. Any time something is decluttered, other things seem to hone in on the spot and spread, but I'm hoping that eventually we'll be at a stage where everything has a place and can be put away properly. We're a long way from that point, but we're getting there. Each baby step gets us closer to organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment