Monday, March 30, 2009

Feeling Naughty

I rush home from work tonight, open the door quietly and put my coat and shoes away. I tiptoe up the stairs, making sure to open the door slowly so as not to awaken my husband. I take off my jeans, put on my gym shorts and sneak back out of the room. Then I hurry downstairs and hook up my Wii Fit so I can exercise!

I didn't really want to exercise tonight, but since I was at home by myself with the rugrat, I didn't get much time in today. I did a few games and a walk, but that was it. So I waited until I came home to do my "serious" work out. I did a couple of the strength training moves--not my favourite for sure. I did the jacknife and the push ups/planks. Jacknife was surprsingly easy. The push ups are not. I apparently do not have much upper body strength. Still, I'll keep trying it every couple of days and hope that I can eventually get it. I spent a few minutes doing yoga. It's not my thing, but I'm happy to do it here in the comfort of my home rather than go to a gym and try to do it in front of all the perfect little yoga bodies out there (you know who I mean!). Then I did the Advanced Step and a new game called Zen. It's pretty silly, but fun.

I logged one hour today, not bad considering I'm trying to figure out how to work this into my schedule. Somehow my BMI and weight went up, but I'm trying to look at that more in the big picture of weightloss over time.

Couple of things I don't like. When my Mii gets weighed, and they post the BMI, she checks around her to see how fat she is. And why does the board have to say "Oh!" when I step on it like it wasn't expecting my weight or something? Thanks for the confidence boost. LOL.

I tried to watch what I ate today. I bought some healthier foods yesterday when I was shopping, so that helped a lot. Raisin bran for breakfast (yum!), a spinach salad for lunch and pork chop and potato for dinner. I love spinach salad, but it is such a pain preparing it! By the time I got to eat it, I was starving! Oh well. It's all for my benefit, right?

As for organize, I didn't do too much today. One thing I have been doing is keeping a box on the main level for clothes that don't fit anymore. My kids keep putting small stuff to the wash, so now, after it's washed, I fold it and put it in the give away box. Now the trick is to get the giveaway boxes out of my house! One step at a time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment