Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 4 on Wii Fit...

OK, it's not as fun as Day 1 was. Perhaps because I am getting bored? Or mabye because it feels like a "have to" rather than a "want to". Well, it should feel like a have to because I have to get in shape. I have to start taking better care of myself. The truth of the matter is I have depression and that makes even fun stuff feel like a chore sometimes. Of course, my medication contributes to my weight gain. Oh yeah, did I mention I have PCOS (PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrom)? Yeah, I'm just a ray of sunshine tonight. Sorry. It's been one of those days. I'm sure you don't want to hear all about it.

So, rather than be all depressing, I'll talk about why I want to get fit, organized and healthy. I just mentioned I have depression and PCOS. Anti-depressants are known to cause weight gain and since I've been on them for 6 years with no end in sight, I need to get that under control. PCOS is known to also cause weight gain and loss of weight is supposed to help alleviate the symptoms. Then there is diabetes in my family. My brother is Type I and my father, both grandfathers and a handful of uncles are/were Type II. If I'm going to avoid diabetes in the future, I need to get my weight under control now.

My BMI is high, scoring in the Obese range, so I'm just going to keep working at it to get it down. I lost some weight last year using Weight Watchers, but I got a little freaked out when my size went down because I didn't feel like me.

As for organized, I just feel that my CHAOS (Can't have anyone over syndrom--ala Flylady)contributes to my depression. It's hard to feel good about things when everything around you is a cluttered mess. So, I'm trying to build routines and making baby steps to get the clutter gone. It's not as easy as it sounds, but I keep working at it a little bit at a time. It's getting there slowly.

Anyway, on to the Wii Fit today. I was crazy and actually did the Island Lap on the run this afternoon and then tonight I did the short basic run. I'm finding that I have to hold the remote in my hand to get a good pace and I really don't run, it's more of a walk--a fast walk, but a walk all the same. I am a walker anyway, I walk with friends and we've walked in The Weekend To End Breast Cancer together. I've done it twice now, so I have a pretty fast pace when walking anyway. I haven't done a full hour today, but I may do a few yoga poses before calling it a night. I spent time while the wee one was napping doing some of the longer exercises so I could log time that way. And the silly machine says I gained more weight. Figures...I eat better and exercise more and gain weight...story of my life. Anyway, tomorrow is another day and hopefully the scales will show a better story then.

No comments:

Post a Comment