Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Getting Fit without my Wii Fit!

You may have noticed I haven't really written much about my blog topic, getting fit, healthy and organized. Well, today we're getting back on topic! I've been spending a lot of time out of doors with the kids since the big one finished school. We go for at least one walk a day and we go to the park 3-4 days a week (sometimes more than once in a day!). It helps that Parks and Recreation have a summer program on for two hours a day for the big kid. While she plays there, I play in the park with the little kid going from the swings to the slides and back again. I'm also getting the chance to talk to other parents as well, so it's been very good all around.

Today we walked to the local library which is about a forty minute walk each way. The little one went in the stroller (I'm not quite that crazy!). We missed the toddler time, but we got both girls signed up for the summer reading program and I got to stock up on my summer reading again. Who am I kidding, I read all year round because I love it so much!

So, we're settling into a bit of a routine and it seems to be working fairly well. I'm getting exercise without using my Wii Fit. I dread the next time I use it because I know it's going to bug me about not signing in more often. To be honest, I've gotten a little bored of the basic program. I've heard of some workout programs, so I will have to check them out. I probably should log in again, just to update my weight, but I'm a little scared. While I'm trying to eat healthy food, it's very easy to slip into eating not so healthy foods, especially when I've got both kids with me all day.

OK, so we're getting fit and healthy. How about organized? Hmm, I'm trying, that's for sure. I'm scooping any clothes that don't fit the kids and putting them into boxes right away to be donated. I've got two boxes right now. I try to keep my eyes open to things around the house that we don't really need and pop them into the boxes when I see them. So far, no one has complained about anything that has been missing--and considering the amount of toys that I've stuck in the boxes in recent months, I'm truly surprised. I don't recommend leaving the boxes open or even in the house once you hit the toy box. They're bound to open one and ask why their beloved little toy that they never play with is in there...always fun to try to explain!

No comments:

Post a Comment