Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Life is a Circus


Ansar Shrine Circus
Originally uploaded by aka Kath


Well, I don't know that it's entirely true that life is a circus, but I'm finding it interesting how the media here in North America works. Michael Jackson, renowned pop star and tabloid phenomenon passed away and we're being inundated with media attention on every last detail of his death and his will and so much other trivial information. I understand that people are curious because Jackson was such an iconic figure who seemed to value his privacy as much as he seemed to court the media. I'm getting tired of it and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Yes, it's sad that he died just when he seemed to be making a comeback and yes, I'm sorry for his family and children. Do I need to know intimate details about his life? Not really. There are children in the world who are starving, children who are being beaten or mistreated. There are wars going on, people are dying. Incredible things are happening every where. I'd really rather have the media focus elsewhere for a little while.

Anyone else have Michael Jackson burnout?

No comments:

Post a Comment