Sunday, February 21, 2010

Little Things Annoy Me or Maybe I Have Road Rage?


You cannot go
Originally uploaded by Logan Antill



I have always thought I was a fairly rational person, but lately I've realized that little things annoy the snot out of me. Little things like "Hidden Entrance" or "Hidden Driveway" signs. The sign says it's hidden, but it's clearly there--or is there another driveway or entrance that I'm not seeing that really is hidden? How do I know which is the hidden entrance and which is not? Does this really have any impact on my life in the grand scheme of things? Probably not, unless someone comes barreling out of the "hidden" driveway and into my path. I don't know why, but it just bugs me!

Other things that bug me? People who pull in front of me without signaling and expect that I will not hit them just because they see me and to top it off, they slow down! My brakes are good honey, but you are putting a lot of faith in the assumption that I've seen you and that I have enough time to slow down before I come in contact with your bumper.

People who go slow on the highway for no reason annoy me. The speed limit is 100k/h, not 85--it's not raining or snowing and the roads are dry. If you're going to get on the highway, be prepared to go at least 100, or don't take the highway. And for heaven's sake, if you're on the highway, and you know you have to get off at the next exit, get over early. Do not cut across four lanes of traffic at top speed just so you don't miss your exit! There's another exit in a couple k--worst case scenario, get off the highway, turn around and come back down.

Don't signal unless you are actually changing lanes or turning. It drives other people nuts trying to figure out if you might actually turn at some point (usually you do when I decide it's safe to pass you).

People who run through a red light when the traffic is starting to move in the other direction and then look at the people honking at them as if they are the crazy ones--Yes, this one actually happened to me today. He came ripping through the red light and if I wasn't a cautious driver, I may have been hit by him.

You know what else bugs me? People who say "fustrated". The word is FRUSTRATED, and those of us who know how to say it are fRustrated by those of you who say it incorrectly. And "supposably"--no, it is SUPPOSEDLY-no B anywhere in sight. Now, don't worry, I'm not so bad that I will correct someone's elocution or grammar, but I cringe inside when I hear it.

So, I want to know...what bugs you? Share your pet peeves!


No comments:

Post a Comment