Friday, February 19, 2010

When Someone Tells Me I Can't....


Ah yes FREEDOM with a few strings attached
Originally uploaded by beforethecoffee



I'm one of those people who likes to prove you wrong. You say I can't do something? I'll do it. Take for example the Weekend to End Breast Cancer. The very first year I did it, in 2005, there were those who said I couldn't or wouldn't be able to finish the walk--but I did. And I did it again in 2007.

Today was a "can't" day, but not the way one would hope. I had to get some fasting blood work done and I've been putting it off because it's hard to find 12 hours I can fast and get in to the doctor's office. Anyway, I've been feeling blah and I know that the doctor probably will want to check my blood first, so I finally got off my ass and went in this morning (OK, I got a little boost from the hubby). Well, because I work late, I eat late at night too, so I fasted from about 10 pm last night. By the time I got to the doctor's I was starving! See, they told me I couldn't eat and that's all I wanted to do!

Then the reverse happened. The nurse handed me a cup and told me that they needed a urine sample. Oh, sure! Now I have to pee and guess what? I can't! To make matters worse, I had my 3 year old with me and she is in the "why?" stage. "What are you doing Mama? Why are you going pee-pee in the cup? Why are you doing that? Why? Why? Why?" So not only am I trying to pee, I've got an inquisitive audience who won't be quiet. Ah yes, great day!

Hopefully the fasting and trying to pee in a cup were worth it and the doctor will find out what is happening with me. There has to be a reason besides depression that I've been so tired lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment