Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting Organized, Baby Steps!


timer
Originally uploaded by Aunt Owwee



I've been focusing on the getting fit part of the blog lately, so today I thought we'd take a look at getting organized again. I must admit, I have a reason to get organized right now. I have to find the little one's birth certificate for kindergarten registration. I know it is somewhere in the paper clutter on my table, or around the table or just somewhere! So I have to declutter to find it!

We've been working on potty training our special needs daughter by using a timer. We set it for every half hour, and when it goes off, she knows she has to try to go potty. Well, what I've been trying to do is declutter for half an hour in one place and then take a break. The first day I did this, I had a garbage bag full of trash and another bag full of recycling! Where does this junk come from? Junk mail, newspapers, pieces of the kids' toys that they have left lying around, and just pure junk.

By working for half an hour in one spot, it helped to focus me on the task at hand and I knew it was going to end, so it wasn't too overwhelming. I have a long way to go, but there are some clear spots I can see now. I even cleaned around the hubby's chair, and he thanked me, saying that he had been overwhelmed and just didn't know where to start.

What I've learned is that you just have to dig in and start somewhere. Who knows how far you will go or who you will inspire?

No comments:

Post a Comment