Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Official, JC Chasez is in Demand Here!

How sad...I write about my life with depression, trying to get fit, healthy and organized and occasionally, I go off topic with my love for Mr. JC Chasez, and he is the bigger draw to my blog-more people come here through a search for JC than any other topic! Ha ha! It's a good thing that JC is a topic that I am more than happy to talk about again and again and again...you get the picture. And I'm glad to see that so many other people seem to be interested in JC as well. And why not, he is a very talented musician--writer, singer, producer, performer....again, you get the picture.

I recently located my Schizophrenic CD (JC's 2004 debut album for those not in the know) and have been playing it pretty much non-stop when I'm in the car alone. I would play it in the car with the kids, but I really don't want to hear my 3 year old singing "All day long I dream about sex and all night long I think about sex..." Now I'm not saying that anyone hid my CD or anything, but it was in the car the whole time! It was actually in the driver's side door and since I have only recently become the main driver in the family and my husband was prior to that...well, you see where this is going. I'll just leave it at that.

When I listen to one song on this CD, it always makes me smile. The song is "Something Special" and the reason it makes me smile is that it came to me at one of those life defining moments. I had recently been laid off of work, was dealing with what I then thouht was postpartum depression (later found out it was clinical depression) and I was feeling just really crummy about myself. I was loading my oldest daughter into her car seat (at the time, she was my only daughter) and I was running late to drop her off at my mother-in-law's house so I could go to a career coaching appointment and try to figure out what I was going to do with the rest of my life. Finally got her strapped in and got myself into the car as well. Took a deep breath before starting the car, and when the CD player came to life, JC was singing, "Babe, I've been dyin' to tell you something...you're something special!" I know he wasn't actually singing, let alone singing to me, but that line sunk in and I realized that I was special and things would eventually be OK. It basically gave me some perspective in my life and gave me permission to feel good about myself, even when I had so much going against me at the time. So, that, in a nutshell is another reason I have a soft spot for JC Chasez. Just in case you wanted to know. And even if you didn't.

If you don't have this album, you should get it! This is one that I can listen to for days on end without being bored. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment