Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Making Some Resolutions with Jillian Micheals Wii Fit

Today, I got a great gift from my husband and kids. Bless him, but my husband always struggles with buying me gifts. I usually try to give him some ideas of what I might be interested in, and sometimes he listens, sometimes he doesn't. Well, this year he listened and he didn't listen. Yup. My list contained just a few items, but most of them were things that I thought might help me get more active. He didn't get me any of those items though. Oh now. He bought me this:



The poor man was worried that I'd be mad that he got me something to do with weight loss. I wasn't though, because I had another of those moments this week where I realized that my weight was creeping up again. It's one thing when it stays the same, but when it goes up? That's really frustrating. I've said it before, but I don't want to be skinny. I want to be healthy and right now I'm not. I can be healthy and curvy though and that is my goal.

Hubby told me he didn't think the Wii Fit on it's own was doing me much good because it's pretty easy. The truth is, it would do me more good if I would actually do it! He hadn't heard of Jillian Micheals before, but he thought this program looked like it would be a real workout. Ha. I told him that Michaels was one of the trainers from Biggest Loser and that she was mean. He told me that maybe mean was what I needed. Yeah. That's what he said until he did a workout on it and he didn't do so well and heard the comments. He looked at me with his jaw on his chest, "She's so mean!" Yup. I did it--"I told you so!".

I started pretty "easy" today just trying out a couple of single exercises. I did the sledge swing, running (and I think I've mentioned before how much I love running--sarcasm intended!!!), and jumping jacks. I'm sorry, but I don't think that 90 reps of the jumping jacks should be the easy level. That's crazy! Anyway, it felt good to get my body moving again. I set up my first resolution for one month and chose my own excercises to start off. When I set up my profile, I found out that my weight is higher than it's ever been. Now, I don't know what my highest pregnancy weight was, so it may not be my highest weight ever, but definitely excluding pregnancy, my highest weight. And it's time for it to come down, baby.

The funny thing is that I was starting to think about signing up for Weight Watchers Online again, so this comes at a really good time for me. I like making resolutions on my birthday anyway (rather than New Years'--I'm weird like that). And I've made hubby sign up for a month long resolution as well because he is supposed to be getting more exercise. So hopefully we will be getting healthy together.

I'll let you know how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment