Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum Wii, Resolution 1, Day 1

I'm proud of myself! I completed today's resolution after lunch today. Since my shift at work is changing next month and I won't be finished until midnight, I thought I'd try getting my workout in during the day instead.

So far, I really like Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010. It's tough, for sure, but I think this just might be the kick in the ass I needed.

Today I did 5 laps of running. Had to talk myself through that one! It was starting to get hard around the third lap, but I made it! Then Squat Jumping Jacks--those are tricky! I'm going to need some more practice before I get those right. Then I did swing kicks with the Wii Fit board, but those I think I scored 0 on. From what I saw her doing, I thought I had it right, but since she gave me some of her biting comments ("I didn't come to you, you came to me" and "Stop wasting my time!"), it appears I have some ways to go there. My fourth exercise was some sort of lunge on the Wii Fit board, and I did OK on that.

For my first month, I didn't want to over do it, so I think I put the circuits in on the weekends when I'd have more of a chance to do them. I really like that it's only four workout days a month in the resolution. I'd like to find an outdoor activity to do on my "off" days. We're also looking at getting a YMCA membership for the family so that we can all go and take some classes and get some exercise together.

No comments:

Post a Comment