Friday, April 9, 2010

Well, They Say "No Pain, No Gain", Right?


Water pump at Frissell Crossing (Aufderheide)
Originally uploaded by Martin Bravenboer


It was two days ago that I tried a couple of the exercises on my Jillian Michaels Wii game, and I am still in pain! The only move I can remember off the top of my head was the "water pump". I didn't feel any pain the day I did the exercises, but yesterday and today, I hurt! It hurts to walk and to sit down. Oh yeah, really. I didn't know there were muscles in my butt, but apparently there are and they are not thrilled to be exercised. And lets not forget those inner thighs. Oh boy. Do those muscles burn. I feel like an old lady trying to get out of my chair, especially my office chair which is on wheels--I'm afraid it will go skitting across the room and I'll fall on my already sore bottom. That would be hilarious though!

I really only did a couple of the exercises, so I wasn't expecting this kind of pain. It really didn't feel like I had put enough effort into the exercises to make this much difference to my body, but I guess I worked harder than I thought.

I have taken the last two days off because there was no way I was going to attempt the same exercises just yet. Tomorrow, I'll try some upper body exercises and go back to lower body later on the weekend. The cool thing is that if I can feel so much after doing a couple of exercises without much effort, then it must be making some kind of difference in my body. Hopefully as I build up some strength there will be less pain in the future. Truthfully, I was surprised that there was not a warm-up or cool-down on the game. Perhaps stretching first is in order. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment