Thursday, April 15, 2010

Time to Cut Mama Some Slack

I came to the realization tonight that it's time for me to cut myself some slack. I don't usually cross-share information between my blogs, but I posted a similar message on my Special Kid, Special Parent blog tonight. I have all these lofty goals to lose weight, to get myself organized and to basically have control of my life, but I'm stressing myself out! I can't get everything done right now. I can take baby steps. I can make progress. I can celebrate the small things. Besides, big things are just a bunch of little things all stuck together, right?

My main focus right now is on parenting my special needs daughter. She takes a lot of energy and time right now. I still need to take care of me, and I will, but I'm not going to beat myself up if things aren't perfect. If the dishes don't get done or the laundry isn't put away, but I'm spending time helping my little one to talk, then I haven't wasted my time. Sometimes I forget to give myself credit for all that I do accomplish in a day instead of just focusing on what I don't get done. So, it's time to change. Going forward, I'm going to give myself a break and stop being so critical of myself. I'm going to focus my energy on things that truly matter. The other stuff will get done when it gets done and not before.

Hope Bay at Sunset

This picture always makes me smile. It's from one of my favourite places in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment