Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rethinking the Whole Jillian Michaels Wii Ultimatum Thing


Run Swiftly Racerback and the Run Team Spirit Crops: sea gaze
Originally uploaded by lululemon athletica



I'm sure no one will be surprised to hear that I have come to realize that I am NOT up to the challenge of completing the Resolution I set for myself on the Jillian Michaels Ultimatum. Rather than give up entirely, I have decided to just go in and do some of the exercises every night. I think after I get used to the exercises and build up some muscle and endurance, I will be better equipped to take on a Resolution.

The first thing I did was make sure that Jillian's voice on the game is turned way down. I know it's supposed to be encouraging, but hearing someone yell at me does not make me want to exercise. Instead it makes me want to quit and throw in the towel.

I was telling my brother about this Wii game and he laughed when I told him how mean Jillian's character was and how she yelled at me. "What did you expect--it is called the Ultimatum, isn't it?" Yeah, well it still wouldn't hurt to hear, "Way to go! That's so much better than your last attempt!" or "You're almost there, keep going!". Build me up, baby, don't cut me down! I'm coming out and putting in the time, I'm not doing it perfectly, but I'm doing it, and that is half the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment