Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Making Change


047-365 Interchangeable
Originally uploaded by amp'ed



Well, I've hit an impasse. I don't know how to make the changes I need to in order to get healthier. I don't know how to lose the weight. I try and then I get discouraged, so I quit. It's easier to give up than to keep trying. I don't like failing at this. I don't like seeing my weight keep going up. I really don't like how I look in a bathing suit. We took the kids to a hotel for one night over March break and let's just say, the image in the mirror was not a pleasant one. I need a mirror like the one I saw in a Victorian house today, It was designed to make you look thinner and taller so that girls would not want to over-tighten their corsets which could cause them to faint. Maybe we all need a mirror like that. It feels like I'm looking in a mirror that makes me look shorter and wider lately. I think it's a ploy by the diet industry to make you feel bad about yourself so that you'll spend more money. What do you think?

So readers of mine (whom ever you may be), I need some help! Please, let me know how you get motivated to be healthy and stay that way. What has worked for you? I need to make some changes before things get out of control...although it already feels as if they are. What is one small change that I can make and keep up with? I'm going to do this in baby steps because if I go full tilt, I'll crash and burn (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment