Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Coffee and Catch Up, And Grumbling About Shopping for Clothes


Reflections in a coffee cup
Originally uploaded by Gunjan Karun


You may be wondering about the picture of a coffee cup here on my blog. After all, I've probably mentioned before that I hate coffee, and I do. That being said, with my shift at work changing up some, I have found the need to drink coffee to make it through the night a couple of times.

I probably shouldn't really call it coffee. We have a flavia machine at work. It makes excellent mochacchinos--with Mars Bar foam and French vanilla coffee. Lots of cream (half and half) and three sugars. I know, people who really enjoy coffee can't believe how much stuff I put in my drink. My husband shivers with disgust when he hears what I put in it. What can I say, I'm weird.

So, after exercising yesterday morning, I'm proud to say that I wasn't in too much pain today. The worst was in my abs because I only felt it when I coughed, and I did that a lot at work tonight (because I talk on the phone all night and it gets dry). Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to try to do a little more of the routine and see how I do.

I'm also going clothes shopping tomorrow. One of my least favourite things to do, but I'm going to a shower for my cousin's little one this weekend and I have nothing appropriate to wear. The only pants that fit right now are my jeans and that would not go over well with my family. I hate trying on clothes because the sizes are always screwy and you have to look in one of those fun house mirrors and see all your imperfections right out there in the open. I get so frustrated and depressed. The only ray of light is that I'm going with my Mom and she's so much fun. The kids are staying home with hubby and Mom and I will have a chance to do some bonding of our own.

I'm looking forward to having the next couple of days off. Lots to get done here at home. I have big decluttering projects in mind. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment