Monday, May 24, 2010

Baby Steps...Big Results!


IMG_1677
Originally uploaded by m a r i s a



You would think that I would learn by now that baby steps aren't big, but they have big results. The dust in my bathroom was bugging me. Cobwebs and dust had settled along the door frame and looked just gross. It bugged me, but I didn't actually do anything about it until today. I got out my Flylady dusters (they've got purple ostrich feathers, so pretty!) and dusted the whole bathroom. It took me under two minutes. Seriously. I let it sit there and bug me and it took almost no time to change it--and that includes "blessing the world" by shaking my duster outside to clean it out.

It's funny how in my mind these jobs can seem so huge, but if I just do something about it, instead of letting it fester, it would be done and I could be on to something else.

So, now that I've had my a-ha moment, what am I going to do about it? Well, first I'm going to try to tackle things rather then let them build up and bug me. And I'm going to try to take an extra baby step every day to address some of the small things around my house whether it is picking up some paper and putting it in the recycling or dusting a room or what have you. If it's this easy to make a big difference, imagine what it will be like when I start to get serious about making each baby step!

I wonder, is this a depression thing? Am I simply overwhelmed and can only see the big picture? Hmmm....rather than sit and muse about it, I'm going to go take a couple more baby steps. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment