Saturday, May 15, 2010

These Boots Are Made For Walking, Breast Cancer Awareness

I have had the great experience of walking twice in the Weekend to End Breast Cancer (now called The Shoppers' Drug Mart Weekend to End Women's Cancers) and one of the fantastic ladies I met the first year that I walked is Jacky, a breast cancer survivor. What started as a bunch of strangers meeting up to do training walks turned into years of friendship. We're all so different, but walking for a common cause brought us together. I can't truly tell you what kind of affect participating in the Weekend has had on my life because it really has been huge.

Please watch this video which stars my friend Jacky as one of the pink-shirted dancers. She has been breast cancer free for thirteen years. She's one of my real-life heros. Once you've watched it, pass it on. Share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment