Sunday, May 2, 2010

100th Post, 100 Random Things

Todo a 100



So here we are, I've finally managed to get to 100 posts. In celebration, I thought we'd have a little fun tonight. I'm going to post 100 random things about myself. You might think this will be difficult, but we'll see!
  1. I joined Twitter at the suggestion of a blogging mentor (@danaprince) and I am slowly becoming addicted to it. You can find me at @jess_is_here.
  2. I've been blogging for a long time. Right now I'm only updating on this blog and Special Kid, Special Parent.
  3. I am a logophile. I love words.
  4. I regularly play crossword puzzles and word games on my computer.
  5. I write fiction as well.
  6. My favourite reality shows are Amazing Race and America's Best Dance Crew.
  7. Other shows I like are Rita Rocks and Parenthood.
  8. I'm half Italian.
  9. The other half is Canadian with English roots (3 of 4 great-grands were born in England).
  10. I love to read.
  11. My favourite contemporary authors are Meg Cabot and Janet Evanovich because they make me laugh.
  12. Other favourite authors are LM Montgomery, Jane Austen, Janette Oke, WP Kinsella.
  13. I have nephews who are triplets J
  14. Including the triplets, I have 6 nephews and 3 nieces, all on my husband's side.
  15. I've traveled to England and Barbados and the United States (New York State and Vermont).
  16. I love the city of Montreal.
  17. I also love Banff, Alberta. The mountains are amazing!
  18. I am constantly listening to music.
  19. My favourite singers are JC Chasez and Jeff Timmons and JC Chasez J (what can I say?).
  20. I met my husband through a friend who was not trying to set us up.
  21. My husband was friends with a guy I dated and gave him something to give to me before we had ever met!
  22. I fell in love with my husband as soon as I saw his pretty blue eyes. (do guys have pretty eyes? Handsome eyes??)
  23. I am afraid of heights. I get woozy when someone stands near the top of the stairs.
  24. I want to get a dog. Hubby doesn't know it yet, but my plan is to start seriously searching after our summer vacation.
  25. I secretly like techie gadgets.
  26. Teddy bears figure prominently in my house (and no, they do not all belong to the kids).
  27. I love to watch baseball games, but only live. Preferably from the SkyDome with the Jays playing (yes, I still call it the SkyDome, not the Rogers' Center).
  28. Chocolate should be a food group in the Canadian Food Guide.
  29. Bruce Blaze
  30. One day, I'd like to walk the entire Bruce Trail (of course, it will take more than one day to complete!).
  31. I have a cousin who is 7 months older than my oldest daughter and one that is two years younger than her (my uncle is 8 years older than me).
  32. Libraries are one of my happy places.
  33. I would love to run the Amazing Race. They need to let Canadians run it!
  34. I can play the clarinet and saxophone…or at least, I could play them last time I tried.
  35. Weird things can crack me up to the point of tears.
  36. The outdoors is where I love to be, but my allergies force me to stay inside a lot.
  37. I enjoy taking pictures, but I still have no idea how to upload them to my computer, so I have to bug my hubby to do it for me.
  38. I could probably figure out how to put the photos on the computer, but he likes to explain it in a detailed manner that makes my brain hurt, much easier to just get him to do it.
  39. Sean Astin has been my favourite actor since I saw him in Brat Patrol and then Goonies.
  40. I'm wondering if anyone is going to read all of these. If you do, please comment to let me know!
  41. My mom made me stop playing softball in high school because I got injured too many times (usually not in play).
  42. My mother-in-law is cool—she saw the Beatles play in the Cavern Club in Liverpool and she saw the Rolling Stones too. (She grew up across the Mersey from Liverpool).
  43. I've worked in a grocery store, 2 bookstores, a fast food restaurant and a call center, but my dream job is writing (hence the blogging).
  44. I like to canoe, but not sail.
  45. Even though I'm afraid of heights, I have parasailed twice. I don't know what possessed me to do it the second time.
  46. My friend calls me a "Coke snob"…I'm afraid she might be right. Just don't like Pepsi.
  47. The only time I drink coffee is when I am really, really, really tired and it has lots of cream and at least three sugars in it. Still don't like it then, but at least it doesn't taste as bad.
  48. Favourite drink from Tim Hortons is an Iced Cappuccino made with chocolate milk (only 1% fat as compared to whatever cream is—and yes, I realize that I take cream in my coffee, but I never said I made sense, now did I?).
  49. My oldest daughter looks like me, the youngest looks like my husband. Neither of them look alike.
  50. The above is funny when you consider that my brother and I are almost always recognized as being siblings and my husband looks a lot like his brother and two sisters.
  51. I'm a T shirt and jeans kind of girl (when I can find jeans that fit well).
  52. How's this for coincidence? Hubs and I got married on a day when Italy was playing in the World Cup. We spent our honeymoon in Montreal and every night a different country's fans would drive up and down the street behind our hotel. The day our youngest was born, it was World Cup final time and we were going to watch the final match with my brother. I missed the game because I was in labour. Italy won though J
  53. I often dream about the house I grew up in. It was supposed to have been haunted. I wonder if it haunts my dreams.
  54. Yes, I did experience some paranormal activity growing up in that house.
  55. I also dream about the house I lived in when I went away to school and my two room-mates whom I haven't talked to in years.
  56. And scarily, I dream about our landlord from our last house who is the reason we bought our own house. Let's just say we moved out with no notice after he called the police on us saying we wanted to kill him and the police told us that we should get the Hell out.
  57. This is harder than I thought it would be.

    Hope Bay at Sunset
  58. I like to sit near bodies of water and just sit and listen and watch. So calming.
  59. I read a lot.
  60. This summer we will celebrate our 12th anniversary. Is there a theme gift for 12 years?
  61. We haven't seen the guy who introduced us to each other since his own wedding which was a few years ago…before our second was born.
  62. I have my mid-age crisis planned out. I want to get a Harley and a tattoo…or at least a Harley. I think I'd look great on a Harley—and I'd let hubby ride behind me.
  63. The only thing left to decide is when to have my mid-life crisis.
  64. My Nonno was furious with me when he found out I was studying English in university. He was upset because he figured I already knew English, so I should be studying Italian.
  65. I did take Italian courses at school, but I still can understand it much better than I can speak it.
  66. Most of my family speaks dialect Italian which is not like real Italian much.
  67. I like going to museums.
  68. I wear glasses. I don't like contacts. And I'm not crazy about getting laser surgery. Besides, I think glasses suit me.
  69. That was really about three things there, but we'll let it go.
  70. Both times, I had boys names picked out, and we had two girls.
  71. I don't hate cooking, but it's not my favourite thing to do.
  72. We have a pet fish. He's red and that's his name too! Red.
  73. I'd rather live in the country if I could.
  74. My kids make me laugh every day.
  75. I have a scar on my knee from when I ran in to a planter (5 stitches)

  76. Sometimes I wish I was more of a girly girl, or at least that I got how to be girly.
    (Man alive, this is getting harder than I thought it would be!)
  77. I don't follow basketball, but the Celtics are my favourite team.
  78. I used to cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Used to watch the games with dad. Got tired of being disappointed.
  79. I've taken belly dance lessons! They were so much fun. I would do it again.
  80. I am what my husband calls directionally challenged. I often mix up left and right, except when I am driving.
  81. I'm not very crafty, but I would love to be.
  82. My friends think I'm strange because I like "boy band" music.
  83. They think I'm stranger because I like JC Chasez.
  84. Cancer pisses me off. I hate cancer.
  85. I wear mittens in the winter. Gloves don't keep my fingers warm enough.
  86. I have movies that I watch when I'm in a bad mood because they make me laugh.
  87. They are Rat Race, UHF, 50 First Dates and some other ones too.
  88. If I want to cry, I watch Rudy or Memphis Belle.
  89. Sean Astin is in both of the above listed movies. 
  90. I once told my younger cousins that if they looked hard enough while we were on the subway, they might see some Ninja Turtles…and they believed me.
  91. I'm the oldest of eight grandchildren on my mom's side.
  92. On my dad's side, I'm the second oldest and first girl of 16 grandchildren on my dad's side.
  93. I was "the princess", the only girl on my dad's side until I was 6. Yup, she spoiled the good thing I had going.
  94. I have a lot of friends that I've never met in person. That is part of what I love about the interent.
  95. I have met some of my internet friends in real life.
  96. I follow all 5 of the New Kids on the Block on Twitter.
  97. I actually saw them on tour back in the day, No More Games Tour.
  98. I used to be in love with Jordan Knight. Not any more (sorry, Jordan).
  99. I think that my list may just impress my husband. He's offering me suggestions, but I'm not taking them (sorry, babe!).
  100. I am NOT a morning person.
  101. My husband and kids are all morning people. I have no idea how they do it!
There you go, folks! One hundred random things about me, all done. I hope I have not bored you too much! Thanks for playing along with me!

2 comments:

  1. That's impressive. 100 things. I did 25 once and it was really tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 was a little much. It took awhile to come up with.

    ReplyDelete