Monday, May 4, 2009

Sick and tired of being...sick and tired.


PICTORIAL REVIEW
Originally uploaded by George Eastman House



My little darling got sick this week and when she's sick, she's all about Mama. Daddy is the cool parent, but when she's sick, she would rather snuggle with me than him. She will climb into my bed in the middle of the night and lay on top of me and go back to sleep. I'm always surprised to wake up with the weight of a two year old pinning me to the bed. The fact that I can stay asleep when she climbs into bed should give you an indication of how tired I have been.

Now I know why I was feeling lethargic last week. My body must have been fighting off the illness--too bad it lost that fight today. I woke up coughing and I felt lousy all day. I had a huge list of things that I wanted to get done this weekend but instead spent much of my time in bed, putting most of the chores off to a time when I feel better. Of course, looking at the chaos that is my house, I don't feel better at all. Here's hoping I feel better enough tomorrow to get back to trying to declutter the mess that is my house. And maybe if we're feeling good enough, we'll go out and get some sunshine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment