Friday, May 8, 2009

Sick...still


Insurance Ad, Boy in Bed
Originally uploaded by George Eastman House

Lousy week. 3 days off work. Finally went to doctor--strep throat! Ouch! Antibiotics--yuck! Nasal spray-gross!

Normally I probably wouldn't have taken so much time off, but since I could hardly talk and my job is in a call-center where I have to talk for my whole shift, I stayed home to rest up. Next time, I'll go to the doctor sooner rather than later. I just figured that he was going to tell me it was nothing and send me on my merry way, so what was the point in going (because we only have one car and hubs uses it for work, it takes a lot of effort to go anywhere during the week)? So the moral of my story is that if I'm going to try to get healthier, I'm going to have to be proactive and get myself to the doctor.

Both my girls were sick too, but thankfully just with colds. Now that I've had the antibiotics in my system for 24 hours, I'm feeling much better than I was. Of course, since I've been unwell for most of the week, the house has gone to crap around me (apparently, I'm the only one who knows how to do things like laundry!). Anyway, I'll be spending the weekend trying to get the house into some kind of order--wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment