Friday, May 22, 2009

Working out, Wii Fit Style!


Geo. Lurich (LOC)
Originally uploaded by The Library of Congress



No, this is not a picture of me, but I do feel kind of strong and invincible today. I started doing the strength training exercises on my Wii Fit finally. I skip over the pushups and planks, but I'll try them again soon. Right now I'm doing a few of the leg exercises and the jack-knife which is surprisingly a favourite of mine! I opened the challenge the trainer on the jackknife and I've beaten my trainer both times so far--OK, maybe I didn't really buy it when he could only do 10 the first time. Today he wimped out at 20. I was just too stubborn to give in, even though my abs were burning. It's a sense of accomplishment when you feel that burn, isn't it?

I've been spending a lot of my downtime reading this week. I picked up a whole bunch of what I call "fluff" novels at the library. These are fun books that don't go too deep and don't require me to think too much. They're like the sit-coms of the literary world. You don't read them for knowledge or study, you just read them to escape for a bit. So when my little one is watching her videos, I sit down with a book. It's part of taking care of me.

I also had a chat this week with my mom about my frustrations in not being able to get anything done around the house because my little one needs a lot of attention. Mom actually told me to forget about the house and just focus on my daughter. It was an ah-ha moment for me and I realized that the house doesn't need to be perfect (another flyladyism as well), it just needs to be good enough. That doesn't mean that I don't need my husband to pitch in more, but I'm willing to get there gradually.

I even started writing this week! With a pen and paper no less (my personal computer is fried, so I use hubby's in the evening). It felt good to have some inspiration and follow through by writing it down. Nothing may come of it, but it was a creative start for me. And that's my week for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment