Thursday, September 3, 2009

Getting back to it, Getting back to Fit


Burning off the pounds: 40/365
Originally uploaded by SashaW


I've been really lazy this summer as far as exercise goes. I was getting some exercise by taking the kids to the park, but we haven't been in awhile. Today I had some motivation. I'm just tired of feeling like my clothes don't fit and looking like I don't care. So I hopped back on my Wii Fit today. It's been 28 days since I last used it and it was probably close to that from my last use to the one before that. The good news is that I haven't gained a whole lot since the last use. My goal right now is for the month of September to do 30 minutes a day. We'll see how I do. The hardest part for me is making time to do the exercise. And it's hard to do that when the kids are underfoot and getting into things.

Today I did the advanced step (and got my highest score ever!) and rythym boxing (my trainer was disappointed and said I can do better and I can). I also did the single leg extensions (20 reps) and a few of the games. I got my highest score on the Zen sitting thing. The funny thing was that they have all this background noise that's supposed to distract you, but I had the kids making even more noise than that! It felt good to work up a sweat that was not heat induced. I really worked for it today. And my plan is that when I lose 5 lbs from using the Fit, I'm going to treat myself to a new Fit game. I think that will help motivate me because before I found the Fit was getting boring.

The mountain of paperwork on my dining room table has been reduced quite a bit. I've filed a whole lot and tossed a whole lot too. So I'm losing some paper weight, too bad that doesn't count. LOL. Oh well, onwards and upwards, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment