Sunday, January 3, 2010

Getting a Little Fitter and a Little More Organized at the Same Time!


The Coles sisters on a bicycle trip from Montreal to Ottawa, QC-ON, 1916 1916, 20th century
Originally uploaded by Musée McCord Museum


I am nothing if not a multitasker. I'm proud to say that I did some exercise on the Wii Fit tonight. I wasn't going to, but I had to put a load of laundry on so I'd have clean pants for work tomorrow. And since I'm working during the day tomorrow, I wanted to stay up long enough to put them in the dryer. As luck would have it, there was not a load waiting to go in the dryer, and I knew it would only take about 15 minutes to wash the clothes, so I figured I'd spend that time on the Fit. Good choice, huh? Trust me, I had some reading I'd rather have been doing, but I did it.

I had a great time doing the cycling today. I always used to love riding my bike in the country "up north" when I was a kid. There was such freedom in getting to the top of a hill, pedalling like mad and coasting to the bottom. I felt unstoppable! Now on the Wii Fit Plus, I'm not unstoppable. In fact, I discovered that you can, in fact, ride your bike right off the side of the cliff--now that is called research, people! (OK, so it's really called oversteering, but I won't tell if you don't!).

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to set aside some money and get a bike for myself this summer. If I get a trailer, the little one can ride with me and the big kid can ride her own bike (although we're still working on getting her to do that without training wheels).

So, there you go, Flylady is right. You can do just about anything for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment