Sunday, January 17, 2010

This is My Wake Up Call


Wake up call?
Originally uploaded by Banalities



Last night, my seven year old looked at me and quietly said, "Mama, you look like you should lose weight". There was nothing malicious in the way she said it, just a statement of fact. And for once, I didn't get defensive and feel bad. She is right. I need to lose weight. Especially since there is diabetes in my family, both Type I and Type II. I'm more likely to develop Type II, especially because of my weight, especially since I carry it around my middle.

The ironic thing is that I first got my depression treated because of my little girl. I wanted her to have a mother who would be there. So, for this little girl, and for myself, I'm going to start taking my weight more seriously.

So, what does that mean? First off, I'm going to get up off my butt and actually use the Wii Fit more instead of just thinking about it. I've just issued a challenge to my husband that we're each going to use the Wii Fit everyday. He needs to take care of his heart, so if we can motivate each other, it should be fun (I hope!). I'm also going to have to change my eating habits. I've already bought more fruits and veggies this week and we're going to have to eat them.

So here goes something--and hopefully it's the weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment